What is Overnight Oats ?
A mix of raw uncooked oats, soaked overnight in milk, water or yogurt and topped with fruits or nuts. Essentially a no-cook oatmeal!
Idea of a Swiss doctor in 1900 who was looking for an easy way to serve his patients the numerous benefits of oatmeal.
- 100% Whole Grain
- High in Fibre
- No Added Sugar
Our favourite on-the-go breakfast choice that can be prepared ahead of time and last the entire week!
Is Overnight Oats Healthy?
We obviously love the flavour and texture of overnight oats, but did you know they’re a healthy breakfast idea perfect for any time of year?
Overnight oats offer a range of health benefits, due to their rich fibre and protein content. They also contain a number of vitamins and minerals, some of which include manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. This makes overnight oats healthy for your gut, as well as for overall health and well-being.
Further, the overnight oats can be customised with antioxidant-rich fruit, protein-packed nuts and seeds, or some of your favourite all-natural spreads and jams.
Energy Booster & Nutrient Rich
- High in protein and fibre-rich carbohydrates, which is the winning combination for long-lasting energy in the morning.
- Also packed with vitamins and minerals and powerful antioxidants.
Aids Weight Loss
- Low in calories
- High-fibre to help you stay full for longer.
- Resistant starch that acts as a food source for the good bacteria in your gut.
- Gut bacteria ferments said starch into digestive acids which then suppresses appetite and accelerates calorie-burning.
- Beta-glucan attracts water thus increasing the thickness of digested food which contributes to an increase of volume of food in the gut.
- Fibre helps in regulation of bowel and prevents constipation.
- It increases weight and water content in stool and makes them pass easier.
- The fermentation and breakdown of beta-glucan increase the diversity of the gut microbiome which in turn improves digestive issues.
- Loaded with anti-diabetic properties.
- Helps regulate blood sugar due to its low GI and its high fibre content.
- Help improve kidney functions by making sure that proper excretion happens.
- Contain beta-glucan - a soluble fibre that reduces cholesterol circulation level by accelerating cholesterol bile excretion.
- Rich in vitamin c - helps prevent oxidation of Low-density lipoprotein which is causes heart attacks, tissue damage, artery inflammation and strokes.
How to Make Overnight Oats
2-Step Fool-Proof Method
Mix: Combine your choice of instant oats, nut butter, granola and fresh fruit in a bowl or jar and stir until combined.
Soak: Cover oatmeal and allow to soak in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours.
The longer it soaks, the thicker it will be!
Too thick? Add more milk & mix.
Too thin? Add more oats and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
How to Get Started