You only need four simple ingredients and 5 minutes to make these No-Bake Peanut Butter Blondies (It's Vegan!) and the frosting is just as easy. Perfect for the festive season as it we all know how busy festive cooking can be!
Difficulty level: 🌕🌕🌕🌑🌑
Serving: 16 bars
- 2 cups (280 g) raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cup (300 g) tightly packed, pitted soft dates
- 1/2 cup (120 g) Amazin' Graze Nut Butters (Peanut Butter or Almond Butter, it's up to you!)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1 cup (200 g) packed, soft pitted dates
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 cup (120 g) natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 g) coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- a pinch of sea salt
- Make the blondies. Add the almonds to a food processor and mix until broken down into a coarse flour. It’s okay if there are still some larger pieces.
- Add the dates, peanut butter, maple syrup and sea salt and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and then firmly press the dough into the pan. Take a few minutes to really press it in, working it into all the corners and smoothing out the surface.
- Place in the freezer while you make the frosting.
- Make the frosting. Place the dates and the hot water in a small dish and let sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, dump the dates and water into a food processor or blender and mix to create a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it forms a thick, smooth frosting.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the blondies then place back in the freezer for 3 hours to set.