Lunch can be a tricky meal, especially on a workday - on one hand, you're usually starving by the time lunch comes around and ready to dig into anything! On the other hand, a heavy meal can bring on a food coma so big, you can kiss productivity goodbye for the rest of the day! Depending on where you work, it can also be difficult to find good, nutritious food...that doesn't break the bank!
Here's a solution for you - make a Protein Power Salad Bowl! A bed of salad vegetables and chewy, nutty quinoa, crunchy spiced nuts, and a creamy almond-sesame drizzle to top it all off. Easy to make ahead (and in bulk), easy to transport, and wonderfully nutritious!
Each recipe makes 1 meal serving, and provides 515 kcal, 20 g protein and 14 g fiber per serving!
Protein Power Salad Bowl
Prep time: 25 minutes
For the dressing:
2 tbsp All Natural Almond Butter
½ tsp sesame oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 pinch salt
For the salad:
⅓ cup Organic Quinoa
2 cups salad greens
- In a bowl, combine All Natural Almond Butter, sesame oil, lemon juice, and salt. Add water to thin out into desired texture (~1 tablespoon).
- Cook quinoa on a stovetop with ⅔ cup water or stock for 15 minutes. Let it stand for another 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Arrange salad greens in a serving bowl. Top with quinoa and scatter Coconut Curry Lime Nut Mix on top.
- Drizzle almond butter dressing over the salad, and crunch away!
- The portion above is for a main meal - if you’re making it as a side salad, simply halve the recipe!
- If you prefer a stronger sesame flavour, add up to 1 ½ tsp sesame oil into the dressing (or add sesame seeds for extra crunch)!
- If you desire, add even more lean protein with chicken breast strips, eggs, or lentils!
Ready to change up your lunch routine? Get the recipe kit to make your own Protein Power Salad Bowl and get creative! Don't forget to tag us on social media with the hashtag #healthy2easy so we can admire your creation!