Make this year memorable! Start planning your festive night-ins with this quick, mess-free, fun beverage recipe. This rich and comforting eggnog is the perfect drink to pair with your Christmas playlist/movies. Follow our recipe below for the best vegan, gluten-free, naturally-sweetened and creamy eggnog.
Serving: 11 (1/2 cup servings)
- 3 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 13-oz can full-fat coconut milk (use light for a lighter eggnog)
- 4-6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- Topping: Amazin' Graze Brownie Chips
Optional: If making your own dairy-free milk, soak nuts of choice overnight in cool water or cover with hot water and soak for 1 hour. Then drain, rinse well, and add to a high speed blender along with desired amount of filtered water (for a creamier milk, we went with 3/4 cup (90 g) raw soaked cashews, 3/4 cup (95 g) raw soaked almonds, and 4 cups (946 ml) water as the recipe is written; adjust amounts as needed if adjusting serving size). Strain through a nut-milk bag and set aside.
- To a high-speed blender add 3 cups (710 ml) dairy-free milk (as recipe is written, adjust amounts as needed if adjusting serving size), coconut milk, maple syrup (starting with the lesser amount), cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, and cardamom (optional).
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth — 1-2 minutes. Then taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more spices for warmth or maple syrup for sweetness.
- For serving, enjoy cold, over ice, or hot by heating over medium heat until warm (we prefer chilled, no ice). Optionally, you can add 1/2 – 1 ounce bourbon per 1 cup (8-ounce) serving. This is optional, but a festive addition! Serve as is or with coconut whipped cream and a pinch more cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Transfer remaining eggnog to a jar for storing. Leftovers should keep in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days. Or freeze into ice cubes and store up to 1 month. Shake well before serving — a little separation is natural.